Members of the community who have been harmed based on their identity can report their concern to a M Housing staff member. These concerns may include, for example, feeling targeted because of an identity they hold or something personal to the individual, not feeling a sense of belonging or inclusion, intercultural conflict, or something occurring nationally or on campus. It may also include being impacted by discrimination, harassment, bullying, bias or prejudice-motivated actions or unfair treatment by an employee, resident, or visitor of M Housing. These concerns can reported in the following ways:
Student Staff: Diversity Peer Educator (DPE) or Resident Advisor (RA)
RAs and DPEs serve as a resource to support students who are harmed or impacted because of their identities. For guidance on how to contact an RA or DPE, please ask a staff member at the Community Center or call the nightly duty phone number located at the Community Center.
Professional Staff: Hall Director or Community Center Manager
Residents can stop by their office spaces within the communities.
- Diversity and Inclusion in Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Division of Public Safety and Security at 734-763-1131
- Office of Institutional Equity at 734-764-7420
- Dean of Students Office at DeanofStudents@umich.edu or https://deanofstudents.umich.edu/campus-climate-support
- Anonymously at https://umich-advocate.symplicity.com/care_report/