The presence of animals, including birds, cats, dogs, reptiles or other animals in any part of M Housing is NOT permitted, except as described below.
Residents are permitted to keep fish in their room under the following conditions:
- All residents of the room/apartment need to agree to have a fish tank in the room;
- Fish tank size cannot exceed 10 U.S. gallons in residence halls and Northwood I- V apartments and Munger Graduate Residences.
- Flesh-eating species (e.g., piranha) are not permitted.
- All appropriate precautions must be taken to ensure that the electrical connection to the fish tank is safe, and that other potential hazards have been properly addressed.
- You must ensure the maintenance of the fish and tank, including over break periods.
8.2 Service Animals
Service animals trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability are permitted in M Housing as required by law. Please see Housing Accommodations or contact the Housing Information Office at 734-763-3164 or at email@example.com to obtain information on the review and approval process that must be completed prior to bringing service animals into any M Housing facility.
8.3 Emotional Support Animals (ESAs)
ESAs that provide assistance, perform tasks or provide emotional support that alleviate symptoms of an individual’s existing disability may be permitted in M Housing as required by law and must be approved in advance. Residents with approved ESAs are responsible for the behavior of the ESA and must be aware of the Housing policies and expectations of having an ESA, including the permissible areas the ESA may be. Please contact the Housing Information Office at 734-763-3164 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information on the review and approval processes that must be completed prior to bringing an ESA into any M Housing facility. Approval to bring ESAs into M Housing may not extend beyond M Housing. You are responsible for the care of your ESA at all times.