Are you ready to plan your living arrangements for the 2024-2025 year? Whether you intend to stay, change residence or move out, please let us know by March 8, 2024.
Renewal contracts will be available starting March 4, 2024.
Apartments will be rented to new applicants if renewal contracts are not received by March 8, 2024.
Contract reassignments and sublets are not permitted. For more information, please review the 2024-2025 Housing Terms and Conditions located on the Policies page.
Students must be in compliance with the University vaccination policy in order to be offered a renewal contract. Check your status via VaxViewer.
You will not be able to submit a new contract until your immunization information has been verified.
Want to Stay?
Northwood Contract Renewal
Renewal contracts are due March 8, 2024.
Northwood renewal contracts are for occupancy from June 1, 2024 to May 31, 2025.
The renewal contract will match your current apartment.
- Check your University status to verify that it accurately reflects your status for the new contract period (student or non-student). If your status is or will change to non-student, you may not be eligible to renew your contract. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to inquire about your eligibility status.
- Verify or add alternate email addresses and cell phone numbers.
- Read the contract and review personal history for accuracy. You will be asked to confirm or add new household members.
- Submit your contract renewal. Please note that when you click “I Agree” you are committing to a legally binding contract and will be required to honor the contract in full.
- Start here to Renew Contract
Munger Graduate Residences Contract Renewal
Renewal contracts are due March 8, 2024.
Munger renewal contracts are either: June 1, 2024 to May 23, 2025 or August 1, 2024 to July 23, 2025.
The renewal contract will match your current contract term room. If you renew your contract, you may stay in your room for the contract gap days and your rent for that month will be billed at the full monthly rate.
A submitted renewal contract is legally binding.
Read the contract and review personal history for accuracy
Submit your contract renewal. Please note that when you click “I Agree” you are committing to a legally binding contract and will be required to honor the contract in full.
Want to change location?
Move from one Northwood apartment to another
The request must be made by March 8, 2024 and an apartment change is not guaranteed.
Renew your contract for your current apartment.
- Select "Room Changes" on the M Housing business portal
- If an apartment matching your request becomes available, you will receive an apartment offer by email. Room changes are not typically offered during June-August.
Move from Northwood to Munger Graduate Residences
For more information, visit the Munger Graduate Residences page. Contracts begin on either June 1 or August 1 and contract holders are required to commit to a full 12-month contract. All residences come fully furnished. No furnishings can be removed.
- Email email@example.com from your @umich.edu email account and request an application for the Munger Graduate Residences by March 8, 2024.
- We will send you a link to apply and details about the assignment process.
Move from Munger Graduate Residences to Northwood
For more information, check out the Northwood pages below.
Northwood I & II (Furnished)
Northwood IV & V (Unfurnished)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org from your @umich.edu email account and request an application for Northwood Community Apartments by March 8, 2024.
- We will send you a link to apply to the Northwood Community Apartments.
Moving out of the Northwood Community Apartments
Current contracts end on May 31, 2024. If you intend to move out on your contract end date, please let us know by March 8, 2024.
You may request to end your contract early but not all early termination requests are approved. If you do not submit and receive approval for an early termination request, you remain responsible for your contract through May 31, 2024.
- Select "End Your Contract" on the M Housing business portal.
- Choose your exact move-out date. Once we approve this date it cannot be changed. We recommend that you confirm all moving arrangements, including movers and transportation before you submit your move-out date.
If early contract termination is approved, rent will be prorated. If your vacate date falls between the 1st through the 15th of the month, rent will be prorated through the 15th. If you vacate after the 15th, rent will not be prorated and you will be billed for the full month.
We do not prorate rent by the day.
Moving out of Munger Graduate Residences
Current contracts end May 23, 2024, or July 23, 2024.
If you intend to move out, please let us know by March 8, 2024. Rent is not prorated for residents who depart prior to the conclusion of their contract.