Mac and Cheese Recipe
Elbow Macaroni 8 oz,
Salt 1/2 tsp.
Water 1 3/4 Qt.
2% Milk 2 1/2 cups
Bread Flour 2 Tbs.
Margarine or Butter (1) 3 Tbs.
Salt 1/2 tsp.White Pepper to taste
Cheddar Cheese, grated (1) 2 cups
Bread Crumbs 3 Tbs.
Cheddar Cheese, grated (2) 1/2 cup
Margarine, melted (2) 1 Tbs.
1. Cook macaroni in salted water for 15-20 minutes. Drain.
2. Make a cream sauce by melting the margarine or butter (1) and stirring in the
flour until it bubbles. Slowly add the milk; cook and stir until thick. Add salt
3. Remove from heat, add cheese (1) and stir until melted. Mix in macaroni and
4. Turn into a lightly oiled casserole.
5. Mix cheese (2), margarine (2) and bread crumbs; sprinkle over top.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes in 300 F oven until golden brown.
Note: Butter vs margarine, butter and margarine have the same amount of fat and calories.
Butter is high in saturated fat and margarine can be high in trans fat. If you prefer margarine,
choose a brand that does not have trans fats.