In June 1918, Alumnae who were visiting Martha Cook at commencement met and organized the original Martha Cook Alumnae Association.
In 1927, the Martha Cook Alumnae Association was reestablished. Formerly known as the “Martha Cook Alumnae Association of Detroit”, the present MCAA serves as the “mother” chapter of the organization.
The MCAA is managed by a Board of Directors, which consists of a group of Alumnae volunteers who are actively involved in serving the Martha Cook Building, and in sponsoring various Alumnae activities that foster former residents connected to the Martha Cook community.
The MCAA has a worldwide membership exceeding 4,000 women. Anyone interested in joining the MCAA Board may contact the Association at MCAA.umich.edu.