Any electrical device or power equipment, such as appliances, cords and power strips, must be Underwriters Laboratory (UL)-certified. Additional information guiding what is permitted and not permitted in University Housing facilities can be found in the Prohibited Items, Safety in Hall & Apartment Communities and within this document. If you are unsure about an item, check with email@example.com or a Housing staff member. Residents will be held financially and contractually responsible for damages incurred as a result of unsafe use of permitted items.
Some electrical outlets in Northwood Apartments are controlled by wall switches. If an outlet does not appear to work, make sure the plug is securely in the electrical socket then turn on the wall switch. If the outlet still does not work, contact FIXIT. The circuit may be overloaded.
Northwood Circuit Breaker Panel Locations
- Efficiencies: walk-in closet
- One-bedroom: hall closet
- Two-bedroom: the cabinet above the washer/dryer space
- One-bedroom: kitchen closet
- One-bedroom Economy: walk-in closet
- Two-bedroom: first floor closet
- One-bedroom: on bedroom wall
- Two-bedroom: on dining room wall
Northwood IV and V