We recognize that family sometimes goes beyond traditional definitions. For this reason, immediate family members of the housing contract holder may also qualify as household members. All qualified household members must be included on the contract and are entitled to the same access to most family programs, services and facilities. Verification of relationship is required.
Immediate family members can be defined as:
- A spouse/domestic partner
- A fiancé (must be married within two weeks of the contract start date)
- Dependent children under 18 years of age Children over 18 years of age who meet the requirements for legally dependent status (Verification of dependent status such as most recent tax records or court order must be provided)
- Parents (of either the contract holder or of the spouse/domestic partner) of families with children
- Grandparents (of the contract holder or of the spouse/domestic partner) of families with children.
The contract holder's siblings, unless they are legal dependents (as defined above), are not considered immediate family members and are not eligible to live with you as household members in the Northwood Community Apartments.
Anyone who is not recognized by University Housing as a household member cannot reside in the apartment. To request a variance to this policy, submit your specific circumstances in writing to the NCA Housing Advisor. The occupancy limits for the apartment may not be exceeded because of fire safety codes.