Facilities staff will perform an inspection of your room after your departure to assess the work required to prepare it for the next resident. If you are aware of any damage or facilities related problems that need to be addressed, please submit a FIXIT request as soon as possible, and do not wait for the inspection.
Tips for a successful move-out and to avoid any potential cleaning charges.
- Thoroughly clean your bedroom, bathroom, and apartment, including flooring and fixtures.
- Remove all of your belongings from your room and shared spaces within the apartment, and be sure to check all drawers, shelves, and closets.
- Clean shared spaces in the kitchen, remove your items from cabinets and refrigerators and properly dispose of unwanted food items. Do not assume your roommates want your food!
- Remove all trash and recycling and dispose of items in appropriate receptacles. Do not leave trash in the apartment, building hallways or the exterior of the building.
- If you have a bike, please don’t forget to take it with you or arrange to donate or sell it.
Check your mailbox and change your address, especially with vendors (Like Amazon).
After you've cleaned your room and apartment and removed your belongings, you will need to return your keys to the 8th floor Community Center to officially check out (this should be the last thing you do).
- Return your yellow room key, any temporary blue keys, and any Temporary Mcards to the Community Center.
- If you are moving out after the Community Center is closed, please use the after hours drop box located at the Community Center on the counter.
- Fill out the provided envelope and place your key(s) inside and drop it in the dropbox.
Questions? Email email@example.com.