If you would like to park your car on campus, there are two types of parking lots. There are lots that are run by U-M Housing and general lots run by U-M Logistics, Transportation and Parking. U-M Housing has a small number of parking spots on campus.
- Baits/Bursley Hall (250)
- Fletcher (7)
- Oxford (40)
Eligibility and Terms
- You must live in an on-campus residence hall to apply for parking with U-M Housing You may only enter the lottery once.
- You may not apply for or recieve more than one parking permit.
- Please do not submit any false information when applying for a place in the lottery. If a permit is issued based on false information, that permit will be revoked.
- Permits must be used by the person to whom they are awarded. Please do not share or give away your permit.
- Alteration, modification, duplication or transference of a U-M Housing parking permit is prohibited.
- Purchasing a year-long parking permit is a binding agreement. Returns or reimbursements are issued solely at the discretion of U-M Housing.
The cost for a Housing Parking Lot on campus parking permit is $164 for the school year.
How To Apply For An On-Campus Parking Permit
You can apply for parking through the student business portal after you submit your Housing contract. Those who live in a residential hall with a lot, will get first priority to a parking permit for that lot. If extra spaces remind, the permits will be offered to students living in other residence halls.
Parking permits are issued by a lottery system. The lottery determines the order in which permits are offered to eligible residents. If you do not receive a permit offer in your preferred parking lot, you might be offered a permit at another lot, depending on availability.
Applicants who receive a permit will receive an email via their U-M email account.