If you would like to park your car on campus, there are two types of parking lots. There are lots that are run by MHousing and general lots run by U-M Logistics, Transportation and Parking. MHousing has a small number of parking spots on campus. MHousing permits are only valid for the lot that is designated on the issued permit.
- Baits/Bursley Hall (175)
- Fletcher (7)
- Oxford (40)
- Henderson House (12)
Eligibility and Terms
- Students who have a housing contract for Bursley, Baits, Fletcher, Oxford, or Henderson House communities will receive first priority to apply and obtain MHousing parking privileges.
- If extra spaces remain, permits will be offered to students living in other residence halls.
- You may not apply for or receive more than one parking permit.
- Please do not submit any false information when applying for a place in the lottery. If a permit is issued based on false information, that permit will be revoked.
- Permits must be used by the person to whom they are awarded. Please do not share or give away your permit.
- Alteration, modification, duplication, or transference of an MHousing parking permit is prohibited.
- Purchasing a parking permit is a binding agreement for the academic year.
- Returns or reimbursements are issued solely at the discretion of MHousing.
How to Apply
- Click here to apply for an MHousing parking permit.
- For more detailed instructions on how to apply, check out our guide, How to Request Parking Permits.
- Requests are only processed on weekdays from 9 AM to 4 PM at the beginning of the Fall term.
- Please allow 7 business days for applications to be processed.
- If your request is approved all permits can be picked up at their community center during operating hours.
- All vehicles displaying an MHousing permit must be in good working condition.
- To qualify for a permit, your vehicle must have a current license plate, and proof of insurance.
- Vehicle registrations must be submitted when applying for the permit. The registration information must meet one of the following conditions:
- Registration matches the student's name.
- Last name on the registration matches the last name of the student.
- Registration address matches the permanent address listed in our records.
- Registration address matches the address on the owner's driver's license.
The cost for a Housing Parking Lot on-campus parking permit is $170 for the school year. The Henderson House permit fee is included in the cost of their housing contract.